Did anyone have taxcaster estimate their 2018 return wayyyy higher than what they will receive? The estimated amount was like 4000 more than what I will receive

Yes it’s crazy! It over estimated me for $2,100 more than what I am getting. I have always used TaxCaster for years and it was pretty accurate until this year. VERY DISSAPOINTING! 

Same here! My anticipated refund according to Taxcaster is much more than what Turbotax says.

Same with me! I’m starting to thing they are stealing my money!!!

I think they have a formula wrong in TaxCaster because Turbo tax and Taxact are showing the same refund amount that is $2,100 less than what TaxCaster showed I would get.

I noticed the same amount as well. I used Taxact and it was exactly the same as TurboTax, TaxCaster is just wrong and confusing everyone

Taxcaster uses new laws the others are still using 2017 calculations.  Go to the tax law reform tab on taxcaster to see the comparison. The IRS has not sent forms to Turbotax so they can not update till their software is Approved by IRS. Taxcaster not being strictly an official filing platform can give an updated guess

When will the forms be sent and updated with tubotax? Why does TurboTax allow you to file if it is not correct?

TT does not allow you to e-file if your forms are not ready.  It only allows those whose forms are ready to e-file.  But even the returns that are e-filed are just sitting on a server until the IRS starts to accept/reject returns on January 28.

Sooo... is TurboTax correct and accurate then?

As correct as the data entered by the user.

Some of my forms are not ready till 1/24/19

Frankly--with all the new tax laws, new forms and new software, it is not optimal to file early this year.  Better to wait  until end of February or even March.