turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

@dennisray84 I had a debt that was owed to the IRS from 2016 and honestly, I’m glad it’s paid! Lol

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

I filed 1/31 and received delayed reference 1541, take action. I called and they said wait until the 27th. Another said could be an offset. Called and there are no offsets. So I guess I’m waiting for the 27th to see if anything changes. I haven’t received a letter or anything. Hope everything checks out!
xertpl2

Looks to me that the 27th will be the magical date!

@pricerica i know that’s right!!!! Lol

@pricerica i know that’s right!!!! Lol

@xertpl2 i sure as hell hope so... i ain’t got time for this mess lol

@xertpl2 i sure as hell hope so... i ain’t got time for this mess lol
dbaye82

If I got topic 1541 and 1242 "We received... it's being reviewed" no letter, got refund not associated with eic and actc could they still release that portion the 27th?

I received my portion not including eic and actc this morning.   I'm assuming they want to verify something but I haven't gotten a letter yet.  When reading I see things that say don't expect your eic/actc related refunds to be deposited before the 27th.  Is it likely they would do separate deposits?

Update: Just got off the phone with IRS they say i was marked with a Two week delay & that i should know something by March 5 either an update in status online or a letter in the mail if something’s wrong so it’s the waiting process now...from what it sounds like it was just a random selection ....at least  have a possible date to know something....I’ll keep y’all updated
dbaye82

@dennisray84 what was your message?

Does anybody have a DDD with delayed reference code 1541 yet?

@dbaye82 1541

Still have (1541 take action) ..they just keep telling me to wait till the 27th but still no date..they sent my state so hopefully my federal will come soon
dbaye82

I got a portion of my federal,  just not the eic or actc I claimed.  I'm assuming they'll need some info but haven't got nothing yet asking.  I'll be surprised if they just deposit it next week.  I've claimed the same 3 kids for the last few years they're all mine but 2 have diff last names
latashajb

Dennisray84 I was told the same thing and the date of March 5 so I'm waiting to see what happen then or before
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies