Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

esparzari

Dear all: last year I filed my taxes including a tax exemption (tax treaty 21, Venezuela). Do you know where in the process can I include it this year? Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Dear all: last year I filed my taxes including a tax exemption (tax treaty 21, Venezuela). Do you know where in the process can I include it this year? Thanks.

You can enter your treaty exempt income as a negative number in the field for Miscellaneous Income.

Once your return is open:

• Click on Federal at the left hand side of the screen
  • Click on Income & Expenses at the top of the screen
  • Click on All Income and Scroll down to Less Common Income and Click Show More
  • Scroll down and Click Start on Miscellaneous Income
  • Scroll down to Other Reportable Income and Click Start
  • Enter the US Venezuela Treaty Article 21 and the amount (as a negative number).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

You can enter your treaty exempt income as a negative number in the field for Miscellaneous Income.

Once your return is open:

• Click on Federal at the left hand side of the screen
  • Click on Income & Expenses at the top of the screen
  • Click on All Income and Scroll down to Less Common Income and Click Show More
  • Scroll down and Click Start on Miscellaneous Income
  • Scroll down to Other Reportable Income and Click Start
  • Enter the US Venezuela Treaty Article 21 and the amount (as a negative number).
esparzari

This is great, Karen. Thanks. But what would the amount be, then?
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

You would enter your payments from abroad for education or training or your grant allowance or award amount or your wage income amount in the software before you deduct the $5,000 of treaty exempt income.
esparzari

Perfect, Karen. All payments have already been entered (wages, scholarships, all of that). I'm now only then including these $5000. Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies