CP63 Notice

102296TLC

CP63 Notice

I never received anything in mail, but I called IRS and it’s saying they’re holding refund because I haven’t filed one or more tax returns. I’ve filed a return every single year and I have no idea what it’s talking about. It’s saying they’re not giving me my refund until I file what I’m missing. Please I need help! My return was accepted on the 23rd. 

Robert  H

CP63 Notice

I would go to the IRS website which speaks to the cp63 notice (link provided). Call the number and have them send you a copy. It is not clear from your message if you are speaking about the 2020 return or a prior year return. However, as the 2020 return is not due yet, I assume it is for 2019. I would get your certified mail receipt or any other proof handy. If you had a tax liability and you paid tax for instance, get your bank statement or cancelled check and be ready to point to the debit. Or if you got a refund, point to that too. good luck.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp63-notice

102296TLC

CP63 Notice

What number should I call? I haven’t received any kind of notice. I just called the irs and the automated system said it was because of this. 

abrushwood09

CP63 Notice

I just got the same automated message when I called this morning. I am currently on hold to speak to a representative because I as has my husband has filed every year. We have never not filed a tax return so I dont know why ours is saying this either......hoping it's a mistake the irs is having all sorts of issues this year with everything but they need to