turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Arico

Covid-19 Stim Check with pending 5071C

I finally verified today how long till i get my refund and stimulus check since i was successful online verifying ? Also did anyone on here verify there id and get there stimulus?   (Also did not file taxes in 2018)

So you did receive your stimulus? Before you was able to verify your identity? That's exactly what I was wondering if u could still receive the stimulus before being able to Verify.

So what if the IRS sent me a debit card for my taxes. But then received 5071c. Would the stimulus be put on that

@Brittany 19 wrote:

So what if the IRS sent me a debit card for my taxes. But then received 5071c. Would the stimulus be put on that

The debit card you received from the IRS is for the stimulus payment only.

No preparer who filed my taxes ordered me the card. Because I do not have a bank account. And this was before stimulus checks had even been mentioned. An I recieved the 5071c letter. To verify my identity. So I'm curious if it will even go on that card? It's an American Express card. But since I ordered when taxes we're filed for my taxes specifically then im curious if they would put it on there??

@Brittany 19 wrote:

No preparer who filed my taxes ordered me the card. Because I do not have a bank account. And this was before stimulus checks had even been mentioned. An I recieved the 5071c letter. To verify my identity. So I'm curious if it will even go on that card? It's an American Express card. But since I ordered when taxes we're filed for my taxes specifically then im curious if they would put it on there??

The IRS sent you an American Express debit card?

Your tax refund will not be deposited onto the card you received.  If you do not have bank account the IRS will send the federal tax refund as a check mailed to the address on your tax return.

For the debit card you received, go to this IRS website for information (Question 45) - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#receiving

A45. Some payments may be sent on a prepaid debit card known as The Economic Impact Payment Card  The Economic Impact Payment Card is sponsored by the Treasury Department’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service, managed by Money Network Financial, LLC and issued by Treasury’s financial agent, MetaBank®, N.A.

If you receive an Economic Impact Payment Card, it will arrive in a plain envelope from “Money Network Cardholder Services.”  The Visa name will appear on the front of the Card; the back of the Card has the name of the issuing bank, MetaBank®, N.A. Information included with the Card will explain that the card is your Economic Impact Payment Card.  Please go to EIPcard.com for more information.

I received the same form and sent all my paperwork in, overnighted to the address specified, in April, because I didn't have a credit card or student loan to verify it online. Covid hit shortly after.

It is October and just YESTERDAY, the Where's My Refund tool FINALLY changed and said it was mailed out yesterday. I haven't received my stimulus check because of this...the status of my stimulus check hasn't changed when I check online...it's still saying there's no information right now. I'm wondering if I will now get my Stimulus check, now that my identity has been verified and my Federal tax refund has finally been mailed?!. Does anyone have anymore updated info on this???

I got a 5071c letter for my tax return.Will it affect me from getting my 2021 stimulus payment.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

It depends, @lsanders5280.   Have you received any other stimulus payments or tax returns in the past.   If so, you should receive the 3rd stimulus payment -- they will be sending them out over the next several weeks.    However, if the letter you received is to verify your 2020 return and if that return is the first return you have filed and you claimed the full amount of the recovery rebate (for stimulus payments #1 and #2) on that return, I would suspect that your 3rd stimulus payment will be delayed until you respond to the 5071C.   

For current information regarding the 3rd stimulus payment and other legislative changes that have occurred recently, please see the latest updates found here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do have a active credit  card account.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

With a credit card account, then you can verify your identity online. You will need to have the following items available when you start:

1. The 5071C letter or 6331C letter.
  2. The tax return referenced in the letter (Form 1040, 1040-A, 1040-EZ, 1040-PR, 1040-NR, 1040-SR, etc.). Note: A Form W-2, Form 1099 is not a tax return.
  3. A prior year’s income tax return, other than the year in the letter. Note: A Form W-2, Form 1099 is not a tax return.
  4. Supporting documents that you filed with each year’s tax return. (Form W-2, Form 1099, Schedule C of F, etc.).

Please see this article from TurboTax that includes a direct link to the IRS Identity Verification Service: I got a 5071C letter from the IRS.

I got a 5071C also in the mail and ive been trying 2 verify my identity online it wont let me so the letter says if u can't do online 2 call the 1-800 # that they give u but I can't seem 2 get through over the phone but I finally got 2 talk with some this past Friday the 28th of may n when finally getting through i was talking 2 someone n I told them ive tried everything 2 verify my identity online I can't n now it says u can call the number given at the bottom so now I did n I do speak 2 some after talking 2 her 4 a bit instead of telling me she wasn't gonna help me or she couldn't verify my identity over the phone she gets some of my information n tells me 2 hold again n she says I just need one more question n then maybe I can verify ur identity puts me on hold again then she says one last thing but I couldn't make out what she said n just hung up on me so im wondering what the hell she just hung up on me i about flipped out ive been calling the number non stop since I got the letter n I want my stimulus payments I filed 4 them my $1,800.00 cuz I didn't get the first or second or the 3rd one yet so im patiently waiting 4 some answer's I really need my stimulus payments there mine. So what can I do 4 this ?

Lilbaaba

I was wanting to know when I will receive my stimulus check my taxes just got approved and they're being deposited on the 15th so when can I expect my stimulus

Which one?   You can get the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus payment as part of your tax refund if you used the recovery rebate credit.   If you mean the 3rd stimulus:

TurboTax cannot track your 3rd stimulus or tell you when it will arrive.  The IRS is issuing 3rd stimulus checks on its own timetable.

You can use the IRS Get My Payment site to see what is expected for your 3rd stimulus check:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What happens after I complete verification with irs how do I track my payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies