Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Could my tax refund have been deposited in someone elses account? It did not go in mine and the site says they were deposited.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Could my tax refund have been deposited in someone elses account? It did not go in mine and the site says they were deposited.

Are the last 4 digits shown on the IRS refund status website correct for your bank account?

Everything is correct. Should I call IRS or can you take care of this? I'm so afraid it went to someone elses account

@donnab2 wrote:

Everything is correct. Should I call IRS or can you take care of this? I'm so afraid it went to someone elses account

If the account number on the IRS website is correct you need to contact your bank to see if they rejected the deposit.  If rejected by the bank then the refund was returned to the IRS.  The IRS will then mail a refund check to the address on the tax return.

Otherwise you will need to initiate a trace on the deposit - https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies