jamesjv

Change in Direct Deposit Account for CARE/Covid19 Stimulus Check

Hi,

In 2018 I got a refund via direct deposit, but I have since changed banks. This year I owed the IRS and so had no opportunity to update the direct deposit information in TurboTax. Is there a way to update this info with the IRS? It seems strange that the IRS would just send out a check, not knowing if you banking info from the previous tax year is still current or not.

blessed1964

Where do we get the answers 

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.