If your e-filed return is rejected, you can correct the reason for rejection and e-file it once again by taking the steps outlined below:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Under the "rejected" message, click Fix It Now.
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions to correct whatever may be causing the rejection.
- Tip: Now's the time to make any needed changes to your return, for example adding another W-2 or 1099 that you received after you e-filed.
- When finished, either re-transmit your return or follow the directions to file by mail if it's one of those rejections that cannot be corrected
It is also important to note that the fee for TurboTax Online is for the tax preparation, not for the ability to e-file. Should the rejection cause you to print and file by mail, the charge would still be valid and a refund would not be due.
Per our Terms of Service for TurboTax Online:
You may use the TurboTax Online software without charge up to the point you decide to print or electronically file your tax return. Printing or electronically filing your return reflects your satisfaction with software, at which time you will be required to pay or register for the Services.
Still have questions?Make a post