Cannot amend 2020 return. TurboTax not accepting t...

4StarDad

Cannot amend 2020 return. TurboTax not accepting the payment date.

My 2020 return was accepted by the IRS and payment was made. I now need to amend my return and remove one of my dependents. When I attempt to e-file the amended return, TurboTax says "we need a little more information before you e-file" and then "Correct your payment date." I've entered 3-4 different dates within the stated range but then the process just repeats. It is not accepting my payment date. I think it's a bug. Anyone else having this problem? It also shows a total amount due of the prior tax bill + the additional $498 tax due, which also appears to be a bug. I would print and file manually, but it's 48 pages long.

MaryM428

Instead of entering a payment date, select that you will pay by check.  Then the IRS will make the adjustments needed and notify you of the amount that you need to pay.  

4StarDad

Thanks for the suggestion Mary. I don't think this changes the fact that this is a bug in TurboTax however. Ideally, they'll fix it and I can just e-file and be done with it.