-completed form 8962
-copy of form 1095-A
-newly computed page 2 of my tax return with the original signatures, showing the transferred amount from form 8962 if applicable.
In the letter though it states not to send the Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. So because of that, I don't know what to do... Wouldn't a new computed page with the info be an amended return?
In order to complete the 8962 you will need to start as an amending return but that return will not be filed.
You may have received a letter from the IRS asking for Form 8962, which is related to the information on Form 1095-A.
These steps enter your Form 1095-A in TurboTax as an amended return and creates Form 8962 for you to print and mail to the IRS.
Only the Form 8962 the IRS requested is sent in, do not send the entire amended return.
1) To open your 2015 return, go to https://turbotax.intuit.com and sign in.
2) On the Sign In screen, enter your User ID and Password and click Sign In.
3) On the Welcome home screen, select Taxes.
4) On the Tax Timeline screen, click on Amend (change) return.
5) On the Are you sure you’d like to amend your return? screen, click the Amend (change) return button.
6) On the next screen, click Amend/Change my return button.
Begin Amending Your Return
1) On the We’ll Help you change (amend) your return screen, click Continue.
2) On the Have You Already Filed This Return? screen, indicate Yes, I need to amend a return I already filed. Also Indicate I need to amend my 2015 return, then click Continue.
3) On the What do you need to change on your return screen, scroll down to Health Insurance Info and click Update.
4) Answer the question on the Did you have health insurance coverage in 2015? screen, then click Continue.
5) Continue to answer Health Insurance questions which will include entering the information from your Form 1095-A.
6) The That’s all we need to continue your 2015 coverage screen will be the last Health Insurance screen. Click Done with Health.
7) You are back to the Do you need to change anything else? screen. Scroll all the way down and click Done.
😎 On the Do you still receive your mail at this address screen, answer the question and click Continue.
9) On the Why did you need to amend your return? screen, enter "Responding to IRS letter" and click Continue.
10) On the Let’s review and get ready to file screen, click Continue and complete all final review questions, if any
11) If you see a Looks like you haven’t entered your 1095-A yet screen, just click Continue.
12) After you have completed your final review, click Continue.
Print and Mail Form 8962 to the IRS
13) You are now ready to print your return to file.
On the You’re Done! Print and Mail Your Returns, click Print and Save Return.
14) On the print dialog screen, select Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit and then click the Print icon.
NOTE: if you don’t see the list of forms on the side of the screen, just click Print. All of the instructions and forms will print. Find the paper copy of your Form 8962.
15) On the Print dialog screen, check the Current Page button and then click on the Print button to print Form 8962.
16) Mail a copy of your Form 1095-A along with Form 8962 to the IRS address indicated in your IRS letter.
Additional Help can be found in the article below:
Still have questions?Make a post