Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

menakaya

Can you help me locate where my state return is and print my 2018 tax refund info? Someone else filed my taxes for me via Turbo Tax. I don't have their password info.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Can you help me locate where my state return is and print my 2018 tax refund info? Someone else filed my taxes for me via Turbo Tax. I don't have their password info.

No one in the user forum has access to anyone's tax return or account.  If a friend or relative prepared your return for you, you need to get the account and user ID information from them.  No one here has a way to give it to you.  Even customer support would not be able to access it, since you are not the one whose account was used.

You can get a free transcript of your federal return from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You will have to see if there is a way to get a copy of your state return from your state:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670-how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue

Obviously, the easiest solution is to get the account and user ID that was used by the person who prepared your return.  Or did they use the desktop software?  If so, the tax file is on their hard drive--not stored online at all.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies