Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can the 2022 Tax Return be amended more than once with TurboTax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It can but you must wait for the original return to be fully processed and then the first amendment to be fully processed before trying to amend a second time and the second one may need to be mailed in.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

It can but you must wait for the original return to be fully processed and then the first amendment to be fully processed before trying to amend a second time and the second one may need to be mailed in.  

That answers my question.  Thanks

Once you have e-Filed 1040-X successfully, delete Form 1040-x after printing for your records and cancel the amendment..

This make it look to TurboTax like your revised tax return is your originally filed tax return which is what you want to amend a second time..

@TommyMo 

Len99

Hmmm..... this sounds like a workaround rather than the "correct" way of doing this. Surely this is not what TT intended?  

Also, I am trying to amend a state return a second time, and there is no "amended" return to delete for the state.

TT does not seem to like my 2nd state amendment, even though the documentation says I should be able to do it. The first state amendment went through just fine. For the 2nd state amendment TT is saying "don't send in a return since you have already sent it in electronically", "but do send in the voucher for the extra payment". The "electronically" being referred to was the first amendment. My 2nd state amendment changes amounts so it is a valid amendment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies