Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

af2024

Can't e-file without being forced to buy audit defense

I already found a similar post from 2019 and it seems to be still an issue. It wasn't answered in 2019 either.
I have the Deluxe version, running on a Mac system.
I am trying to e-file my taxes. I can remove the Audit Defense offer from the Payment Summary page (even though it is shown with $0). The Payment summary shows the correct total amount of $20 (just for the State e-filing). When I continue it asks me how I would like to pay. I choose to pay with credit card. That leads me to the screen where I can complete my purchase. Here I select continue and that opens an additional window showing me my Order Summary, which includes $45 for Audit Defense which I do not want and which I removed from my order two screens back. At this point there is no way to continue and complete the e-filing process. When I go back->back->back the removed Audit Defense offer re-appears on the payment summary page, still showing the cost of $0 and the option to remove.
Does anyone else out there experience the same issue?
And btw: it is impossible to get any direct support from the TurboTax people anywhere, really bad!!
Thanks for any good suggestion to fix that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Can't e-file without being forced to buy audit defense

Are you in California?  Sounds like it thinks you want to  have the fees deducted from your refund. Did your credit card get charged the $20 state efile fee yet?  I would go back though the whole File tab.  And call support.

How to contact Turbo Tax
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies