Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nelljas1

Form PA-8453 did not print out for me to sign. Do I need it to sign and mail to the state?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Form PA-8453 did not print out for me to sign. Do I need it to sign and mail to the state?

No.  PA Form 8453 has an odd requirement.  You are suppose to sign the form and then just keep it for your records for three years.  You do not actually send the form to PA or anywhere.  The form will be in your pdf file of the return if you want to download it and sign and keep for your records.  Again, this form is not sent anywhere and I have included a link below to the form so you can see what it looks like.  You can follow the instructions below to save/print your return -
  • Hit the Taxes tab and select My Tax Timeline in the dropdown menu
  • You should see your Federal and State returns and their statuses
  • Scroll down towards the bottom until you reach the section Some Other Things You Can Do
  • You will have two options that are relevant to saving/printing your return:
  • Choose Download / Print Return (pdf):  This saves a copy of the pdf of your return that includes all forms required for filing.
  • Choose Download All Forms and Worksheets:  This saves a more expansive copy of your return that includes all the forms and worksheets TurboTax used to compute your return even if they aren't sent to the IRS (this can be 100+pages so don't print it unless really want to)

gpn005

Can someone please update this answer, as the layout of your website has changed and I cannot follow these steps anymore. My PDF doesn't show this information.

Same. I was able to save this as a .pdf before it was filed and it included PA-8453 with instructions from turbotax in the pdf to print, sign, and date the PA-8453. However the instructions and PA-8453 are not available anymore once everything has been filed and you can download your return. Also, it says that PA-8453 should be signed and dated within one day of acceptance. How do I know when PA has accepted the form?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies