2003t-ana

Can I make changes to my taxes i files or is it to late? I have a 1098 tuition tax form I wants to add

2020 taxes that Inhave files ans have not been accepted yet

bluedeb

You will now have to wait.  Once you e-file a return, you cannot get it back, cancel it, or make any changes to it. 

You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If rejected, you can enter or change your information, then re-e-file.

If accepted, you would have to amend your return to make changes or add information.

Also, the Federal amended return (1040X), will not be available until around Feb. 28th (subject to change).

bluedeb

dnasbricks2

If you want to review and update your 2020 return, please enter your information here by February 6, to have your 2020 tax return sent back to you.  You will then receive an email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return without the Recovery Rebate Credit.

See: How can I review and update my 2020 tax return? 

bluedeb

@dnasbricks2  The information you gave was only for the Recovery Rebate Credit.  You cannot use that link to update or correct information you need to change once you filed your return.