aztecwarrior361

Can I include the cost of driving my car to texas from california and subsequently flying back to california due PCSing to Japan and having our car cared for in TX?

The military did not reimburse for this trip. I PCS'd from California to Japan and was not able to take my car.

Anita01

According to IRS Publication 521 on Moving Expenses:

Moving goods and effects to and from storage.   You can deduct the reasonable expenses of moving your personal effects to and from storage.

It sounds like this would apply to your car, even if it's not placed in a formal storage unit.

Anita01