Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shiare1

Can I go to jail or what can happen if I file with two tax companies and took out loans

Okay so I really needed the money so I went to a tax company filed my tax return and got a refund advance of $500 the next day my return was accepted by the IRS so then I went to another tax company file my taxes with them and got a refund advance from them during the next day when they try to file my taxes my return was rejected saying I already had thought I do have an IP pin on my social which I did not give them only to the first tax preparer what can happen can I go to jail please don't judge me I just want to know what can happen I really needed the money

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
maglib
Level 11

Can I go to jail or what can happen if I file with two tax companies and took out loans

It is considered a loan and you fraudulently applied for it.  You are subject to fraud laws as well as terms of the loan agreement with the lender you signed which probably has high interest rates and costs associated with it.  This is not a tax question, more of a legal matter. You will still owe the loan regardless.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.

What happened and where did you file

did they take u away?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies