Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Can I go back and change my filing status.

1 Reply
Intuit Alumni

Can I go back and change my filing status.

As long as your return hasn't been accepted by the IRs, then you can make changes. Turbo Tax usually deterrmines the best filing status for you, based the answers you provide to questions. Please view the Turbo Tax FAQ below for more information about how your filing status is chosen. 

If you know you've entered the wrong filing status, you can change it by following the instructions below.

  1. Click on the Personal Info, at the top of the page.
  2. On the Personal Info Summary screen select edit next to Marital Status
  3. Follow the on screen instructions to change your filing status
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings