turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joeamont

Can I file previous years tax returns with the free software? Just completed my 2017 returns but when I click file previous years link it redirects to current year.

Can i get the basic prior year software for free or does it cost money?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I file previous years tax returns with the free software? Just completed my 2017 returns but when I click file previous years link it redirects to current year.

TurboTax Online is closed for filing prior years.

In order to prepare prior year tax returns, you would need to purchase the respective TurboTax Desktop (Download/CD) for each year you are preparing.

Please see the following (TurboTax Desktop software is available for purchase for each of the three prior tax years (2014, 2015, 2016)):

View solution in original post

2 Replies

TurboTax Online is closed for filing prior years.

In order to prepare prior year tax returns, you would need to purchase the respective TurboTax Desktop (Download/CD) for each year you are preparing.

Please see the following (TurboTax Desktop software is available for purchase for each of the three prior tax years (2014, 2015, 2016)):

lio2016

I need to file the 2017 tax return is there a free software that can be loaded?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies