shivahustle

Can i amend my city return? I only work in detroit but i live in southfield. On the form it says im a resident of detroit. Is it necessary to amend the return?

KrisD

If all your income is from working in Detroit, there is no need to amend. In Detroit you are taxed on income you earn there or all income you earn while living there. 

If there is income you earned outside of Detroit reported on the city return, and you do not live in Detroit, that income should not be taxed by Detroit, and in that case you may wish to amend the city return. 

unit1928

Why has this issue not been addressed? A year later I am encountering the same thing.