britfewox

Can I amend my 2015 taxes through Turbo Tax if I did not use Turbo to file them for 2015?

bluedeb

You could but it would be allot of work. You would first have to purchase them 2015 TurboTax Desktop software. Once you install the software, you would have to first enter all your information just as it was when you filed. Then you need to "trick" the program into thinking you filed, by choosing File by Mail, then save your return. Then you would go through the amendment interview to amend your return. Amended returns must be mailed.

You can purchase the 2015 software at the following website.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

---------------------
You can also go to the IRS website & your State's website and download their amended forms to manually fill then in & mail.

UPDATE:  After October 15, 2019 TurboTax 2015 will no longer be available through TurboTax & they will no longer support the software (for updates etc)

bluedeb

---------------------