dwright2020

CA audit of 2017 return

I have TT audit defense. I got a notice from the CA FTB of an adjustment to my tax; the audit defense expert said that there were incorrect adjustments in Schedule CA, lines 15 and 16. I didn't put these in - I just accepted the result from TT. I just now fired up TT2017. The input data is just as the forms I received from the payers, but again, TT auto-filled in these unallowed adjustments. And then said that my return was guaranteed 100% correct. What's going on?

CA audit of 2017 return

TurboTax guarantees the accuracy of the calculations on the tax return.  It cannot and does not guarantee that the tax data entered by the user OR imported to the software is accurate.

You always owe your correct income tax.  At most, the accuracy guarantee would cover any penalties and interest due to a program mistake.  You must file your claim within 30 days of receiving the IRS notice.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Accuracy Guarantee - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-the-turbotax-100-accurate-calculatio...

CA audit of 2017 return

dwright2020

CA audit of 2017 return

I realize that I have to pay the tax. But since I didn't enter these subtractions I think this is a bug in TT.

Thanks for your response - I will enter a claim for the interest owed.