turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS website says my refund was delivered on Feb 5th but I have not seen it in my bank account. I already talked to my bank but they said they cannot do anything. Help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

The IRS website says my refund was delivered on Feb 5th but I have not seen it in my bank account. I already talked to my bank but they said they cannot do anything. Help

How did you pay your TurboTax fees (if you had any)?   Did you pay them upfront with credit/debit card, or did you choose to pay them out of the Federal refund (the refund processing service?)

If you chose the latter option, that service uses an intermediary bank we can tell you more about.

I did not have to pay the fees. I did the 000 option, if that helps any.

Then that doesn't explain the delay.

Should I just wait until the 17 before I start to super worry?

When I look on TurboTax it says that it should be delivered by the 17th, but the IRS website says it has been sent. Maybe I just do not understand it yet.

The IRS WMR tool tells you exactly what to do and how long to wait before contacting them.

Check your paperwork, on the filing instructions page it shows you where you were having the refund sent.  Is your routing & account numbers correct?  Did you confirm them with your bank?  If they are wrong then the IRS will convert your refund to a paper check and mail it to the address on the tax return. This conversion process can add 3 weeks or more to the time table. 

I have checked and double checked.

Then follow the IRS instructions.

I did follow the instructions.  the bank has no records of the deposit.  I have checked my numbers, all are correct.  I am filing a complaint tonight.

This happens to me. The where’s my refund tool told me it was delivered on the 25 of feb but it’s not in my account. The irs said to contact my bank.

@bransformer
You are posting in an old thread from 3 years ago.  

The IRS FAQ page says to allow "up to 5 days" due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.

There may be another link in the chain that you can check if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company.   
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies