turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes 01/28/2019 and I have never had a bar all it’s says is “we have received your tax return and it is being processed” what does this mean and I’m worried

Is something wrong with my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed my taxes 01/28/2019 and I have never had a bar all it’s says is “we have received your tax return and it is being processed” what does this mean and I’m worried

"Being processed", means the IRS must first process your return and then approve your refund. The bar will appear or return when you are approved.

If you claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2019, you’ll get your refund the week of February 27 at the earliest. The IRS states they will begin issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit on February 27, 2019.

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. This time frame is unrelated to how, where, or when you filed and it isn't connected to how quickly you got your refund last year.

And it doesn't mean you're being audited — the 2018 "audit season" doesn't start until summer.

IRS representatives will be able to research the status of your refund if your return was accepted (received) more than 21 calendar days ago. Call them at 1-800-829-1040, but prepare for potentially long wait times.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for additional information on "Some 2018 federal refunds will be delayed due to the PATH Act":

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5556415

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies