turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bank Account Number

I've already filed my taxes using Turbo Tax. Unfortunately, while my bank's route number was correct, I put an incorrect bank account number.  So it took a long time for me to receive my refund.

I want the IRS to have my bank's correct account number.  How may I do that as there is no way to contact them at this time.  I'll need the stimulus check asap for my April rent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Bank Account Number

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Bank Account Number

Thank you.  I've been checking that link religiously literally every day since last week.  I was just hoping you might have the link to the portal if with any luck you might access to that info before the IRS website has the link posted.

I hope that portal is created soon since the checks might start getting sent out on April 9.

Bank Account Number

Tonight I learned via the news about Turbo's stimulus registration.  Since I've already filed my 2019 (via Turbo), does that mean I won't be able to register for that service when I just need to change my bank account number?

Or will it do any good to file an amended return to just do that?

If I click on filing an "amended" I'd be hoping I could skip thru all of the questions as it's reviewing my return, and then enter the correct bank info to re-submit it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies