turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

milf91374

Audit

The irs audit me and I just now found out and I’m sapose to respond by September But I don’t know what to do. I need help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Audit

I AM BEING AUDITED

If you purchased Audit Defense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924451-i-bought-max-or-audit-defense-and-now-i-m-being-audited

AUDIT SUPPORT

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

(what the letters from the IRS mean)

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE IRS   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3605673-i-got-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Audit

You should receive information in exactly what you need to do ..I had ti be verified, then review, then audit.. You may can ask for a tax advocat if you are under financial hardship. Hopefully you will get a helpful one.. Send any documents that you have available to help push this issue in your favor.. My audit started i believe in june and i received a letter this past week saying i will get my refund in 8 weeks.. Dont be nervous about it just follow through especially if you know you are entitled to your tax refund..

Twins1227
Returning Member

Audit

Why is it taking another 8 wks? I am being audited, I sent all paperwork they needed in and recieved a letter that said I will have their decision by 11/14. There is no reason that I will loose, it's just because we recently adopted twins. But if I dont get their decision letter till around 11/14 does that mean that when they do decided in my favor I still have to wait 8 more weeks to get my refund????? 

Audit

Why are they taking so long ?   Simple answer is congress has cut the IRS budget every year for a decade so now the IRS is severely understaffed so anything requiring a human eyeball is taking longer than ever before.  

Complain to your congress person to get this fixed. 

Nothing you really can do while they determine the outcome of the situation ... so just wait patiently until they finish their review.   Once they make a decision one way or the other you can plan your next move if needed. 

Audit

I received a letter stating that it would take 8 weeks to receive my return after audit., but I checked wmr and my refund was scheduled to hit my account on sep 11.. So it may not actually take 8 weeks.. My refund was reduced and I had to agree to the reduced amount or not.. I agreed and I mailed the letter back off but it can be faxed..and that was it.. I finally was free from the audit but now to claim my eic I have to file a 8862 form next year.. Good luck 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies