As long as you entered it in prior years, you shou...

oakridgegirl

Can I go back to where the choices for changes from last year are shown and change my answers?

I am racing the clock to finish this by midnight. When I first opened this year's Turbo Tax product to do my 2018 taxes, it asked me what had changed since 2017.  There were some suggestions to choose from.  I chose one of them by mistake.  I need to go back and change it because my wrong answer has affected other sections of the return.  I can't seem to get any farther back than where my personal information is shown.  That is not far enough back since that section does not show the item I need to change, so I can't edit it there.  Help!

KarinKm

Make sure you SAVE whatever you were working on first. Then Go to "Tax Home" on the top left side. Then It will say "take me to my return", click that. On the top left, you will see Wages and Income, then Deductions and Credits (and so on). You will be able to click on each and the questions will be asked again.

oakridgegirl

No, that doesn't go all the way back to the choices of what changed since the previous year.  It just goes to personal information.  Not far enough to change what I need to change.  I accidently chose that I had started receiving Social Security this year, but I've actually been receiving it for several years. The rest of the return is treating it like it's new this year.  How can I change that? Or maybe it doesn't matter??
KarinKm

As long as you entered it in prior years, you should be fine. It being first year, won't make a difference. It is just a prompt to jog memories.
oakridgegirl

Ok, great. Thanks!