turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there ways to access an upload previous tax documents from the IRS before doing your first time taxes with TurboTax?

I am a first time user of TurboTax. All my previous Tax filings Have been with a personal accountant I would like to merge my records within TurboTax is it doable?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are there ways to access an upload previous tax documents from the IRS before doing your first time taxes with TurboTax?

Sorry but there is no way to "merge or upload" the previous returns done outside of the DIY world.  All you can do is enter the prior year information needed as it is required. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Sorry but there is no way to "merge or upload" the previous returns done outside of the DIY world.  All you can do is enter the prior year information needed as it is required. 

you also have the option of getting transcripts for free or actual copies of the prior 6 or 7 years of returns for a fee of $43 each - no state - by filing form 4506

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that information! It’s not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate it I have all my copies of my tax returns including my state. The problem I’m going to have is that TurboTax uses different verbiage then what’s on my income tax forms and I don’t know how to translate and distinguish between the two. That is exactly why I didn’t use TurboTax last year. They make it difficult by using different Terminology that means the same thing. 

What terminology is different?  Just ask in this forum and we can help you figure it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t recall off hand. It’s been since February when I attempted to use turbo scan and then gabe up. I certainly will ask for 2023 here in this forum! I really like the positive responses I’m receiving! I feel more confident and comfortable moving forward with USAA and Turbo Tax tax for future filing! THANK YOU!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies