turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Approved Refund Advancement

@Stephan1e  Thanks girl!! I filed mine January 26th at 830pm and refund accepted the 27th at 356pm. Now it’s a waiting game. I will keep checking thank you so much 🙏 🥰☺️

@JakailaLO @I never received an email with advance amount or a denial email either. Just one to setup my debit card account and temporary card information. I’ve qualified on every requirement. Tomorrow afternoon makes 48 hours so I’m good right?

I also should add I did get the “congratulations you are approved for $1500 refund advance” right before I officially filed my return. 

Caam
Level 1

Hey did you receive your refund today ?

@Countrygirl87  

This is my issue! I got a very bland email from GreenDot that "although the refund advance was denied" but it was sent to me before my taxes were even accepted by the IRS. So after a 2 hour wait with Turbo Tax Card, a lady tells me I was approved and should get an email within 48 hours....but couldn't tell me how much. I'm not sure she even know what the hello she was doing. So,  yeah am I approved or not? Obviously I keep waiting but that is irritating as hell. 

Caam
Level 1

It is. I read all messages here and some ppl said they got it some didn’t. Some said they got the email some didn’t. I went back on another website to find out what could stop u from getting it annnnnd i think i won’t get it 

I got accepted at 9:10pm on the 27th then received my advance an hour later. I to was confused about their times. First time using turbo tax just for the online advance but probably won't ever again. I dont like how you can't transfer the money to your bank account with the "tubo" card aka green dot. Won't be doing this again. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, if you were not approved, you did not meet the qualification criteria for the Refund Advance. First Century Bank will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance. If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because you owed money to your state, your refund was not $500 or more, or you have outstanding student loans or tax liens. 

Please see below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
me35
Returning Member

who sends the email tt or the bank.  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You will receive the email from Turbo Tax. 

Once your Federal Return has been approved, you should receive your email with information within an hour.  Also ensure you are checking your junk mail box as well.  

Please see below for additional information about Refund Advance.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Nope still no refund yet. 

@HeatherPLO  

Correction... not approved refund. It's when our return gets accepted by the irs is when you should get an email from turbo tax about the advance or a reason for denial from century bank. 

I know that's what you meant but people tend to correlate approved with refund approved on wmr. 

@Caam  Nope nothing and one person from green dot says yes I got approved another doesn’t have a freaking clue. This is ridiculous cuz I made enough in taxes, I meet all qualifications and I don’t owe anyone anything I’m so confused and highly upset. I’m thinking of calling the actual bank that issues these advances, tomorrow. 

I think I might do so too

@Countrygirl87 I am definitely calling the bank tomorrow, but still it’s ridiculous. From what I’ve gathered though the green dot email is basically the denial. No one who got approved seems to have received it but I have no reason for a denial unless some “form” I had to have on my taxes denied me the approval which is creat stupid considering they take it directly from your taxes. It should be as simple as you are getting enough back hers some cash up front. I still hope the green dot email was some fluke (especially considering I got it before my taxes even got accepted) but who knows. Really needed that advance and now I’m stuck with a f@$&@&$ green dot card.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies