turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Approved Refund Advancement

@kvbutler716  Yeah I got some bogus email too that didn’t make sense especially since the lady I spoke to this morning said I was approved for $1500 without me even asking or telling the amount so something is definitely up with this sh!t 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your Federal Return has been approved by the IRS, you should get an email from Turbo Tax that will go over information concerning your “virtual card” with the refund advance.  When the steps in the email have been completed, you should receive your funds in about 48 hours.  Please see the below link for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@HeatherPLO  Yes I did and it’s been over 54 hours now since the irs accepted my refund and I received the email to setup my virtual card and account and STILL the balance says $0.00 so WHAT GIVES!?

@Countrygirl87 Exactly!! That email also came to me before my refund was accepted so what the hell. 🤬

@kvbutler716  Yes very frustrated and it’s caused so many serious money issues today!!!

@Countrygirl87  I got one email from turbo tax after I filed to set the account up. It had no money on it. I was accepted 28th at 9pm. An hour later my advance was there in the account.  So I got two emails. 1 to set it up before I got accepted and another that told me my deposit advance was made. 

@caron1981 the problem @Countrygirl87 And I are facing is the face that we also received an email from Green Dot stating that “although your refund advance was denied” and some other Mumbo but we are unsure if that is the actual denial. We both called Green dot and were told were were approved but have yet to receive anything else. I think she is well past the 48 hour window and I just want to know if I will get an advance or not. Did you receive any emails from green dot after setting up your turbo card account? 

@caron1981 @Glad you got it. I am still waiting. Going into 56 hours after the irs accepted my refund and still nothing. Very stressed out about this. What if I finally get my refund and the advance is gone!?!? Like I qualified I was told I got approved and then nothing. Where the ?,&@:&@$ is it!?!?

This **bleep** bull**bleep** at this point they scammed us at this point I’m convinced cause when I try to go on the IRS website it seems for some reason that they can’t provide any information still it’s been past the 24 hours and a whole 3 days since I was so called approved by them and thru turbo tax idk. But I do know I’ll be seeing this company if I get identity frauded through this Turbo Tax Bull. I’m mad at the fact that I even did this stupid way this year should of just went to a regular tax agency. Like smh. 

Oh you have no clue the hell i went through. I was approve for refund advance then 2 days later i get a email saying my advance has been deposited into my card ending in**** but never got email to set up the temporary card. So i call them  and i speak with a really nice lady (so i thought) that was trying everything to figure out why i didn’t get the email to set up card. I was on the phone with her for 2 hours then suddenly she hangs up on me 🤬After i had to pay 30 just to speak with someone so  i called back and of course they were closed😡 so about 230 am i get the link to set up the card, so i set it up and surprisingly it doesn’t work. So i call them as soon as they open and they tell me something is wrong with there system that that card number doesn’t work and they will send me card via mail. So of course i snapped out cause their whole advertisement is false advertisement. So now they can deal with my attorney cause i had to pay 30 just to be told i have to wait for my card in the mail. 

**bleep** yea no and see I’m pregnant in my last week of pregnancy really needed this advancement to get the things for my new baby that’s it like I waited patiently but I’m seeing now this **bleep** a game and now I’m not even sure if I’m gone be getting my refund or what at all idk if I’m gone be getting the turbo card via mail or not now like nah I just really don’t have time for this **bleep**.  Like this is ridiculous and that’s messed up that they did that to you as well. I’m a mother of two girls now so they need to stop playing. Cause I’m finna get an Attorney in a minute because you just don’t do that to people. Smh I knew I should of just went somewhere like Jackson Hewitt **bleep**. Any one know how to cancel a filing claim and start over with filing taxes ?

Ntemie84

Green Dot is scamming your customers. I met all the criteria listed for a refund advance and was approved.  The night before the IRS started accepting returns I got an email stating I was not approved but could keep my debit card and bank account and that my refund would deposited there in 21 days. I called the Green Dot customer service line which directed me to the IRS. I would have never used the Green Dot bank if not for  the Refund Advance.  So,after reading other comments it seems a good number of people have been victimized by this scam. I have decided to seek legal advice and implement faud protection. You company has lost a loyal customer.

I got accepted on the 27th @4:38pm still no money and I called First Century Bank yesterday. they told me to call Green Dot because I was approved for the $1500. I Called Green Dot was on hold for 45 mins. Had to hang up because I was at work. I used them last year and it wasn't an issue. Don't know what's going on this year. 😡

Adenny87
Returning Member

Why does it say on your site that 99% of people receive their advance within one hour of the IRS accepting? I was expecting my advance already. My return was accepted last night. 

Adenny87
Returning Member

Wondering the same thing? I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau because that's false advertisement! My return was approved by the IRS last night, I was approved for the advance.  Thought I read once approved by IRS, 99% recieve advance within an hour. Well, I haven't received mine and according to these comments most others do not get it w/in an hour either. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies