turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"I amended my return to add $4619 as a1099-R IRA RMD for 2018. The TurboTax amended return shows that my Gross Adj Inc increased by $7828. I don't understand. Why? "

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

"I amended my return to add $4619 as a1099-R IRA RMD for 2018. The TurboTax amended return shows that my Gross Adj Inc increased by $7828. I don't understand. Why? "

Answered in comments.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you are also receiving social security, the higher your other income, the greater the percentage of social security benefits that are taxable.  And several other benefits and credits are based on your adjusted gross income.  Increase your total income could affect many other calculations on your tax return.

Thanks! That was it. The $4619 made another $3209 of Soc Sec taxable for a total AGI increase of $7828. Still sucks! :(

Answered in comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies