Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does it mean on the irs website about Tax Topic 152?

I have the same topic and i also have we can not provide you with any information about your refund as well. Mine is being under review and it could take up to 45 days before I can get mine.

@toyapoo02 i had to verify my idenity last year as well. and this year i am getting tax topic 152. Did you say you did not have to verify your idenity this year?
toyapoo02

No not again this year
toyapoo02

Which is quite weird seeing my ssn is flagged for identity theft. .but seeing I proved it last year and all my info is the same ..that may very well be the reason I didnt have 2 verify
toyapoo02

And again those with topic 152 that just means your tax return is being processed..and it will take a lil longer if u filled Earned income tax credit. The path act requires your taxes to go through a few loops b4 releasing your money.  That's only 2 protect u and your child and to ensure that child has not been filled already or if that child has been filled by others prior to this year.  The parent may switch up or sale kids for tax money.  It's sad but it happens. And it's part 2 blame for the path act even coming about

Bars are gone- TT 152 still there. Can I expect my refund tomorrow? Has anybody called and found out if there DDD will be tomorrow? Even if the WMR tool says this information instead of showing DDD?

So when I reached out to someone last week, they said to call back this week. Now I'm being told that it could take an additional 45 days and it's possible my taxes were pulled for a random review. I am not sure what I believe anymore.

@eliteentertainme same here!!!

It makes me wonder what is really going on here. No one will admit it's an audit only tell me that maybe I'll know more 2/27 or later.

It’s ridiculous!!! The website is not even updating like it’s suppose to for some of us so I’m just too fed up with it.

I completely understand
hthcam3

Honestly with the tax topic 152 there should be a clearer statement. It is too brief, which leaves everyone anxiously waiting like myself. I’m still wondering why it’s taking so long I have the same thing and have had two dependents for 19 years and 9 years like why would they pull my return nothing changed. I’m not even sure what to believe. Everyone is telling me I should be in next batch even seeing TT152 this is extremely annoying.

Did you get your refund yet? I have not and nothing has changed on their site.
toyapoo02

Yes I got my refund..
Last year I had 2 verify.  Just call and ask them or go into any IRS office and handle it from there.  .also order your transcript. U can in person or online.  And it will indeedly give u a DDD date.  If its not there. Then they bullshyt u.  Or something is holding your taxes up
toyapoo02

152 should have been gone long ago ..
I can say this.  You all may come out in the 3rd batch. .look out for it this coming up weds
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies