Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amendment return disappeared

Hi,

About 8 months ago I filed a 1040X.

After 3-4 months, it appeared into the tool "Where's My Amended Return", and I decided just to wait, being a pandemic going on.

Today, after several weeks I was not checking, I went into the tool "Where's My Amended Return", and now it says that there is nothing pending for me.
What's going on? Did they just drop my adjustment?

I tried to call the IRS, but I had no way to speak with an actual person.

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

It is not unusual when the return goes from department to department for the WMAR? tool will not show any progress report  so don't panic.  Amended returns are taking 6 months or more to process this year.  

You can try  calling to check the status of your refund at the IRS website.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

800-829-1040

First choose your language.
Then 2
Then 1
Then 3
Then 2
When asked for SSN do nothing it will ask twice
Then 2
Then 4
You should then be transferred to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.

Thanks for the answer.

I'm not concerned about the timing, but about the fact that for some months I saw something, and now I don't see it anymore

Again not unusual ... in fact the tool may have no info for days or even weeks even after you got the refund.  The tool is often not correct.  

I have some updates on this.
After months, it looks like something changed on the website, but I'm quite puzzled:
The website now says that everything has been completed (In January) and:

"We processed your amended return on January 15, 2021. The adjustment on your account resulted in a refund. You should have received your refund and/or a notice if your refund was adjusted to cover past due obligations."

I never received a refund nor a letter....

I don't understand. Any suggestion?

Hello I’m going through the same thing, I was able to see my amended taxes online and now it’s saying no information found in records. I saw you said they updated it saying it was sent out but u didn’t receive it?!? Did you ever get this issue resolved? 

This is the number to call about amended returns

800 :: 829 :: 0922

You should have a copy of your 1040-X when you call.

In my case, it disappeared because they actually sent the check, but to my old address.

Once I let them know, they resent after a couple of weeks the check to my new address and everything worked out.

Yvngchop

Ok I was seeing my refund was saying processing at first but now when I search nothing pops up and it says this666A6771-139B-4882-9CF7-2315819321AA.png

This happens from time to time for various reasons ... the IRS system could be in a maintenace cycle  or  your return is inbetween departments in the processing system or you are checking too often and got "locked out".   Don't worry and check again in a few days. Also be aware that amended returns are taking more than 6 months on average to process so just check once a week.

Lu18
Level 1

Same here mine disappeared after being up for a week. Call the number says can't find. But it was excepted by the irs. Please any ideas 

As already mentioned ... as returns go thru processing they may not show up on the WMR? tool and this is normal.  The amended return will probably take 4 months or much longer to process AFTER the original return has been fully processed and there is nothing you can do to speed it up. 

Thank you for the trick! It worked for me to get connected with a IRS representative.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies