turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rodondria

Amending Returns

I used Turbotax Online to complete my 2018 and 2019 taxes. I got an email stating that my 2019 taxes were rejected. I wanted to go back and open them and correct the mistake I must have made but Turbotax is not showing ANY of my tax returns. I even uploaded both 2018 and 2019 but after reading the help section I learned that this is just a snapshot. How do I open my 2019 tax return? Or do I have start all over again?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Amending Returns

In the first place you do not want to Amend to fix a rejected return.  So do not click on anything that says amend!  You just fix it and resend it.  Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun. 

That's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

Rodondria

Amending Returns

Thank you for pointing that out. I knew that I'm not supposed to Amend my return. I used the wrong terminology and just needed to fix my 2019 return. Well, the good news is when I logged out and signed back in my 2019 return was there. So, Yay for that. The issue that I'm running into is that 2018 returns were completed a few days ago. It wasn't e-filed since we missed the cutoff period but it was printed off and mailed. However, for 2019 the system t rejected it because the AGI I entered they believe is incorrect. I believe they are saying this because they haven't received 2018 returns and do not know what the AGI should be. Should I just print and mail the 2019 returns also? Or is there a way I can get the system to accept the AGI I entered?

Amending Returns

Hopefully you didn't use the Online version now to do 2018, right?  Online is only good for 2019.  You can still efile 2019.  Since 2018 wasn't filed on time then enter 0 for the AGI to efile 2019 now. 

Rodondria

Amending Returns

Thank you so much for that information. Last question, if my lovely husband mailed the paper copy should I just wait for the IRS to process the mailed returns? Reading some of the posts, I see that if I e-file they would process the return but when they get the mailed returns they have to place everything on hold while they reject the mailed returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies