Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

amending return

The IRS sent me a check because I filed my estimated taxes on the wrong line.  I can't  figure out how to amend my return.  I tried to do it on my turbotax but none of the update lines work for me.  I have tried for over a month to get through to the IRS and cannot. The letter I received is CP24.  I only have 10 days left to respond.  I have not cashed the check because it is in error.

2 Replies
Level 15

amending return


I would mail in a note explaining why the return is correct and that you should not have gotten the check they sent then write VOID on the check and mail it with the response to the address on the notice. 

Level 15

amending return


If you pay incorrectly, IRS sends your money back.


You will get a bill; pay at that time.


message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies