turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chipmoose

Trying to amend an 1120S. I went into TT and imported corrected QB data; TT just changed the numbers in the 1120S. How do I get it to amend the 1120S?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Trying to amend an 1120S. I went into TT and imported corrected QB data; TT just changed the numbers in the 1120S. How do I get it to amend the 1120S?

Amending an 1120S is not like amending the 1040.  There is no "1120X" form.  Rather, you file a superseded return.  Page 1 of the 1120 has a small checkbox that says "Amended Return" on it.  You check this box, you give a description of what changed on the return, and the entire return is resubmitted.  The IRS says you should be able to e-file the superseded return (as compared to an amended personal return, which must be mailed in), but will accept it if you mail it in.  

Please see this IRS website for more information:  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/corporations/amended-and-superseding-corporate-returns

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Amending an 1120S is not like amending the 1040.  There is no "1120X" form.  Rather, you file a superseded return.  Page 1 of the 1120 has a small checkbox that says "Amended Return" on it.  You check this box, you give a description of what changed on the return, and the entire return is resubmitted.  The IRS says you should be able to e-file the superseded return (as compared to an amended personal return, which must be mailed in), but will accept it if you mail it in.  

Please see this IRS website for more information:  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/corporations/amended-and-superseding-corporate-returns

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I see the checkbox to AMEND H4, but how do I enter the reason the return is being amended?

You can use the Miscellaneous Statement in Forms Mode to explain any changes and/or corrected amounts or treatment.

falt

Can I eFile the amended 1120s using TT?  When I chose eFile in TT stated it already was eFiled so I printed the amended return but no instructions were included as to where to mail?  Does TT automatically eFile the amended return?

@falt wrote:

Does TT automatically eFile the amended return?

The official word is that TurboTax Business does not support e-filing amended S corporation returns.

I originally efiled the 1120s.  Then i mailed an amended 1120s and then efiled my 1040 around the same time.  Do i need to mail the 1040 with the amended k-1(1120s) so the IRS has the new income number and i don't get audited?

If you filed the original 1040 with the amended k1 information on it then there is nothing that you need to do at this time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies