Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

raindrop0522
Returning Member

Amended Tax Refund status

I filed Amended 2019 tax refund through mail but suddenly IRS updated my 2019 tax transcript with 'verification of non-filing letter'. Do I need to re-file my amended 2019 tax refund or not? Also, what does the verification of non-filing letter mean?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Please explain when, how and why you amended your tax return.  You are not supposed to amend a tax return until the original return has been fully processed.  What did you do?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
raindrop0522
Returning Member

I received a letter from IRS around August, 2020 mentioning that that they did not receive my healthcare 1099B form. So, I attached the 1099B form and sent it over to IRS immediately. And from yesterday, IRS uploaded my 2019 transcript with verification of non filing letter. 

Do you mean your 1095A?  (A 1099B is not for healthcare--it is  a statement from a brokerage).   Did you mail the 1095A, fax it or what?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
raindrop0522
Returning Member

Yes, 1095B. My bad. I mailed it to IRS noted on the letter.

raindrop0522
Returning Member

I am still waiting for your answer. The ITS says I am a non filer for 2019 but it is a lie. Even if I filed amended tax return, I have filed 2019 tax return. Even if there is an issue or owe money after settlement, I filed. that is not the truth. Please help to get through this situation.

TurboTax cannot intercede with the IRS for you  or speed them up.  Contact the IRS:

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies