Muel63

Amend after IRS finding error

IRS found an error in my 2021 return involving Recovery Rebate Credit. They changed my return and I paid 1115.08 including interest.  How do I reflect this in my TurboTax return?  Do I need to file an Amended return?

bluedeb

Amend after IRS finding error

You would not file an amended return.  The IRS already adjusted your return regarding the Recovery Rebate Credit. Read the letter it should tell you how they changed your Recovery Rebate, then you can change the number in your return but do not select Amend a Return.

Amend after IRS finding error

And....this will have no effect on the 2022 return you will file next year.   You have no reason to amend for the recovery rebate credit.  The IRS already took care of it for you.