Amend a return.

Amend a return.

Asking for a friend, is it possible to use the wage and income transcript information to amend a return? The transcript has all the wages and taxes withheld W-2 information from the job she needs to input to continue the process of amending the return. We can not find my friends old W-2 from 2017. It is time sensitive for school reasons and can not wait for the W-2 from the IRS or SSA to come in.

Amend a return.

Do you need to amend or actually file the original return?  How did she file the original return?  Did she use Turbo Tax?  She would need the Turbo Tax file ending in .tax2017 to use Turbo Tax to Amend.

Amend a return.

Amend the return, but I already got it started on turbotax for her on the amending process. My real question is if I can use the wage and income transcript information of the W-2 she needs for 2017 to amend the return or if she needs to wait for the actual W-2. I have her EIN, but just not control number and it doesn't need it.