turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amend 2018 Tax Return

I have logged in and followed the instructions to download the 2018 amend taxed edition, I have clicked on all the parts and I still can not get my 2018 in tax.file, I only have the pdf. I have gone through all your sites and followed instructions to the T and nothing happens other than an error code, I go to the tab to try and fix and the page does not exist.  Please help!!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Amend 2018 Tax Return

Are you using the Download Product and looking to Amend your 2018 tax return? If so, please see the instructions below:

• To amend your 2018 return: You can actually amend your return using TurboTax Online (you don't need to use the TurboTax CD/Download software). Here's how to amend:
    1. Sign in to TurboTax.
    2. Select 2018 in Your tax returns & documents (you may need to scroll down).
    3. Now select Amend (change) 2018 return.
    4. Follow the screens to amend your return.
  • To amend your 2017 or 2016 return: Use these 2017 instructions or 2016 instructions to download your tax data file and amend your return.
  • To amend a 2015 or earlier year return: You’ll need to print out Form 1040-X and amend your return by hand. Go to the IRS home page and search for Form 1040-X for the year you need to amend.

TurboTax supports the amending of returns for the current year and three prior years, or 2016 – 2019 returns.

Related Information:

If this is not the case please reply back so we may assist you further. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mattkbuechler
Returning Member

Amend 2018 Tax Return

I can't get the 2018 download file to go into a tax file.  It only goes into a pdf and then the amend does not work

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies