After submitting our returns and e-filing, we get ...

mletot

After submitting our returns and e-filing, we get an error saying to update the software but we're using the website, not the software. So what do we do?

TerukoL

Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try again.

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

mletot

Hello, I really wish it were easier to contact someone live. We are active duty military stationed overseas and cannot use a US # to call.  We've done our taxes online the last 4-5 years and for some reason this year, it sees everything and says it all looks good and then we get an error when trying to e-file. PLEASE tell me what to do next?  I've already cleared cache and deleted cookies. It still won't work

Help!

WendyN2

E-filing acceptance date is a bit later this year than in past (Feb 12th for the IRS and the majority of States are following suit) and that might be the reason for the error message you are receiving. However, I have not yet heard of others getting a message to update their software when using the 100% online software. I am guessing that this is not the first year that you have been overseas but still used TurboTax, based on your statement above.