Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

falvina

Accessing filed taxex using purchased Turbo Tax software (not online)

Thank you for answering my question about accessing my files online. I have gone through every single process you advised and still I cannot access any of my Turbo Tax files for the past 5 years. When I try to access an older account (several years ago) for which I have forgotten the password, I am instructed to request recovering the account. To do this, it explains I need to have a picture ID. I no longer have a drivers license. I do not have a state ID card. I have a retired military spouse ID card but it is illegal to scan it. I am considering not ever using Turbo Tax for future tax software. I need to speak with a Turbo Tax representative to recapture my account. My this year's filiing is NOT posted on my online account. I used a CD that I purchased (not downloaded from online). I made a PDF COPY of my this years tax but I cannot seem to upload it to my Turbo Tax online account. Please advise. I do not wish to pay extra for help in solving my problem with the software. BTW, I have submitted and filed this year's taxes. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can try recovering your account with your phone number. All  you need is the account information that was used to set up your account. If you don't have that information or you need assistance getting back into your account, you can follow the steps in this TurboTax FAQ here.

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can't move or copy your pdf from your desktop program to your online account.  If you used the Desktop installed program the tax return files ie:  .tax2021, .tax2022 etc and pdf files are only saved and stored on your computer and any backup you make.  

Or are you trying to Transfer a pdf or .tax2021 into 2022 online return?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies