Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coolprodilike
Returning Member

2019 Tax return still pending?

Hi all, 

I filed my taxes for 2019 in July of 2020 (Extension) and have still not received any refund. Today is May 1 2021.

I figured it was just due to COVID delays, but recently I realized from going to IRS gov that they haven't even received my tax return.  This is despite TurboTax saying that the filling was Accepted by the IRS. See this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 4.33.30 PM.png

I subsequently spoke to TurboTax Chat, got a ticket, called the Support number, spoke to a real person on the phone, who proceeded to help me find out what happened. They promised they would email me after they find out. Then after a few hours I get an email saying the case has been resolved, but didn't actually tell me what had happened. 

Does the community have any ideas on what I can do? Should I just print out the physical tax papers and mail them to the IRS mailing address? I thought TurboTax was supposed to also get the tax return to the IRS, but maybe I have been mistaken?

please help, thanks, 

Concerned TurboTax user

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

2019 Tax return still pending?

Yes, TurboTax did get the return to the IRS. TurboTax marks the return "accepted" when the IRS receives the return. The tax return must then be approved. See: Does "accepted" mean my refund is approved?

There are a number of reasons that could explain why there was a delay. To investigate, start by creating or logging in to your account with the IRS here: View Your Tax Account Information.

To reach the IRS: 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies