Just completed filling out my taxes and ready to mail out. Little confused what is needed to mail with each filing. I have 2 W-2s. I work in one state (KS) and live in another (MO).
My federal tax return wants me to "attach the first copy or copy B of form(s) W-2 to the front of your Form 1040."
- What is the first copy or copy B of form W-2? Do I send both KS and MO W-2 with Form 1040 to the IRS?
My MO state tax return needs me to mail a copy of all Forms W-2(s) and 1099 (s).
- Again, Do I send both KS and MO W-2 along with Form M0-1040? Do I send all 102 pages of both my securities and crypto 1099-B from my brokerage? Do I send FORM RD-109 or does that go to the city?
I work in KS but live in MO.
Do I need to also send my W-2 to KS? It only mentions sending a check for the balance owe and 2020 Form K-40.
You should have three tax returns to mail out:
- Federal tax return
- MO Resident return
- KS Non-Resident return
You should Attach:
- One copy of all W-2's and 1099's (Other than 1099-B) on all three returns.
- Send a copy of your KS return with the MO return
- If your 1099-B is fully reported on your tax return you will not have to mail it with any of the returns. However, be sure to maintain it in the event there is a question.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"