turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1040X suupporting documents

Hi, I finished the 2018 tax amendment on turbotax and it generated the forms.

I have a question about which forms/docs need to be included in the package.

I read the IRS1040x instruction and other turbotax community posting in related topics.

I had to amend my return for the two reasons: 1) to reflect the IRA basis input (did convertion to roth) which I forgot to input and 2) to claim Qualified Business Income deduction for my self-employment income (I answered wrong on turbotax interview questions last year and could not claim this although I was eligible).

I reached the end on 1040x process and turbotax automatically generated the 1040x file for me. But it includes the some forms which have not changed at all.

Do I just exclude those manually on my own when I prepare the mail?

I feel like there must be a reason why turbotax populated all these forms for my 1040 file. So I feel like I have to include all of them....but not sure...

Since I reported the qbi deduction, maybe those forms are "supporting documents" to check the net income?

Also after 1040x, it contains the 1040 with correct numbers.

I understand that we don't need to file the original 1040. But do I file this 1040 with correct numbers?

I think this is just for our reference only to see how the correct 1040 would look like.

Please advise!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

1040X suupporting documents

The PDF of the amended return includes all forms and schedules that are included in the return ... when mailing in the 1040X you must attach any forms or schedules that changed  ... use column B of the 1040X to figure out which pages you need to include.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies