Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor III


I think I may have messed up trying to do an amendment on my 2016 taxes. I filed then the very next day I got another W2 I forgot about. I entered the new info, unfortunately without reading the instructions on how to do the amendment, and went all the way to the end of the questions etc. I have already gotten my original return but now don't know if I messed everything up online and really don't know if I have done what needs to be done before printing and mailing the amendment. Please help!
1 Comment
Tax Expert


You don't say which version you are using. If you are using an online version, then you likely added the 2016 W-2 to your 2017 tax return. If so, delete the W-2 from Tax Tools, Tools, Delete a form


You have to go through the 2016 amend link to make changes to the 2016 return.


  • Sign into your return
  • Scroll down to the 'Your tax return & documents' section
  • Select the 2016 tax year and then the 'Amend (change) 2016 return link

See this FAQ for reference:


How to Amend

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.