Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jtaiveonamir1
Returning Member

Your transmission didnt go through

Whenever I go to file it says that my transmission didn't go through and that efile for tax year 2022 is unavailable. I've cleared my cookies and tried using different browsers. And it won't let me clear my return and start over because it says I already paid for turbotax products. Is there anything else I can do or is this a error with turbotax 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

47 Replies

Are all the forms and schedules for your tax return finalized?  Click on Review on the left side of the online program screen to see if your return is waiting on any forms or schedules.

Jtaiveonamir1
Returning Member

Yes, I got an email that my state forms are ready to file (ky)

Yes but the state cannot go until the federal return  can go  and if you already sent the federal you must wait for the feds to accept the return for processing before you can send the state.  

Have you already e-filed the federal tax return?  If so, the state tax return cannot be e-filed until the federal tax return has been accepted by the IRS.

The IRS will not start to begin accepting federal tax returns until January 23, 2023.

Jtaiveonamir1
Returning Member

It's not transmitting federal or state it's just saying my transmission didn't go through.

Jtaiveonamir1
Returning Member

No unless this site is messed up but it's been telling me that since I first tried to file 

@Jtaiveonamir1 wrote:

No unless this site is messed up but it's been telling me that since I first tried to file 

In this case, since other TurboTax users have been able to e-file their 2022 return, it would be best to contact TurboTax support for assistance.

But there have been instances where the web browser being used have caused an issue.  You might want to try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox if not already using those browsers.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-turbotax/L2y9...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Mine Says the same thing I think it's because the feds aren't accepting Until the 23rd of January

Everyone saying that you have to have your federal tax return accepted before you can file state. My federal was accepted on the 19th and I still can’t submit my state without it telling me “Tax Year 2022 transmissions are not available” 

Does your state tax return have forms or schedules that have not yet been finalized?

Click on Review on the left side of the online program screen to see if any are listed.

Jtaiveonamir1
Returning Member

Your state forms probably aren't ready yet 

Jtaiveonamir1
Returning Member

Some of your forms probably aren't ready. I already filed federal and was accepted 1/21

1/26/2023 3:00 EST

I've cleared my cookies and tried using different browsers and still unable to transmit.  

Error message: 

Your transmission didn't go through

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Tax Year 2022 transmissions are not available.
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Some forms may not be available which can cause this message.  Please see the Help Article here to look up your specific state or federal forms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies