turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Duplicate Social Security Number:

Says SS# has already been submitted, which I haven't filed my taxes yet.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Duplicate Social Security Number:

Please verify that your SSN you've entered on your return is correct.  If you verify that your entry is correct, please read the information in the TurboTax FAQ I'm linking below.  You'll be instructed on how to proceed.

E-file rejections related to incorrect or duplicated names, birthdates or Social Security Numbers 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Please verify that your SSN you've entered on your return is correct.  If you verify that your entry is correct, please read the information in the TurboTax FAQ I'm linking below.  You'll be instructed on how to proceed.

E-file rejections related to incorrect or duplicated names, birthdates or Social Security Numbers 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

I'm having the same Error when I refreshed the page it says my return has been submitted And it shows on my account as pending . So I'm confused if it was just a error ? Because nobody could have filled me or my child . 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

It's possible that this was just an error.  Now that you've successfully submitted your return, wait and see if the IRS accepts or rejects it.  If the IRS rejects the return for a duplicate social security number, refer to the following Help Article for more information:  E-file rejections related to incorrect or duplicated names ... - Intuit

@Bryanaannalaya

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies