turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find my AGI from 2016? Also what information would I need to calculate that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I find my AGI from 2016? Also what information would I need to calculate that?

Your 2016 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) will be available in TurboTax online as long as you’re using the same account as last year.

Simply log into TurboTax using the same User ID as you used last year, and select Show (next to Your tax returns & documents, to find your 2016 info.

• If you already have your return open, select Tax Home on the left and then Show next to Your tax returns & documents. Now locate your 2016 info.

If you amended your return at any time, you’ll need to use the original un-amended return that you filed initially. The IRS will use your original AGI to verify your identity if you’re e-filing. (Your W-2 doesn’t have your AGI.)

If you're using the TurboTax CD / desktop version you can also find your 2016 AGI by opening your 2016 return in Forms Mode and viewing your 1040 form. Just select the Forms icon in the upper part of your screen and then locate your 1040, line 37

• Make sure you use your 2016 TurboTax CD/Download program to open your 2016 return.

This list shows exactly where to find your AGI, depending on the form you used:

Form 1040 – Line 37

Form 1040EZ – Line 4

Form 1040A – Line 21

Form 1040NR – Line 36

Form 1040X – Line 1, Column A

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Your 2016 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) will be available in TurboTax online as long as you’re using the same account as last year.

Simply log into TurboTax using the same User ID as you used last year, and select Show (next to Your tax returns & documents, to find your 2016 info.

• If you already have your return open, select Tax Home on the left and then Show next to Your tax returns & documents. Now locate your 2016 info.

If you amended your return at any time, you’ll need to use the original un-amended return that you filed initially. The IRS will use your original AGI to verify your identity if you’re e-filing. (Your W-2 doesn’t have your AGI.)

If you're using the TurboTax CD / desktop version you can also find your 2016 AGI by opening your 2016 return in Forms Mode and viewing your 1040 form. Just select the Forms icon in the upper part of your screen and then locate your 1040, line 37

• Make sure you use your 2016 TurboTax CD/Download program to open your 2016 return.

This list shows exactly where to find your AGI, depending on the form you used:

Form 1040 – Line 37

Form 1040EZ – Line 4

Form 1040A – Line 21

Form 1040NR – Line 36

Form 1040X – Line 1, Column A

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies