turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jhnoblejr

I omitted one 1099-R and have filed electonically. How to I correct and resubmit?

The IRS has accepted the electronic submission. I gone back to the listing of my 1099-R on Turbo Tax, but I doesn't permit me to add a new 1099-R . . . only to edit those that I have submitted.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SherekaB

I omitted one 1099-R and have filed electonically. How to I correct and resubmit?

You would need to Amend your return since it was already Accepted. Do not Amend until you receive your refund. 

Follow these steps to amend: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SherekaB

You would need to Amend your return since it was already Accepted. Do not Amend until you receive your refund. 

Follow these steps to amend: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

I found that when amending a return that if you opt to have the software walk you through the steps that you will eventually get an option to add another or new 1099-R. It was from a continuing pension plan, but the software seemed to insist that it was withdrawn from an IRA.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Yes, the 1099-R reports all kinds of retirement income.  An IRA will have the 'IRA/Sep/Simple' box checked on the form, so you might want to double-check your form.  It's all taxed the same.

Here's more info on Form 1099-R.

@BAJJERFAN 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies